The law states you must have suitable and sufficient training when carrying out work activities. It does not state it must be City & Guilds neither does it say it must be accredited training.

City & Guilds are acknowledged as industry standard for confined spaces training withinutilities; however, they also forbid training on live sites. This means their courses are neither suitable or sufficient for some people, companies, or organisations.

Aircraft manufacturing plants have rooms as big as a house with multiple laths and moving parts that are certainly confined spaces. These rooms do not fit into the normal categorisation of C&G courses and therefore need bespoke training. This will be both suitable and sufficient for their work activities thereby meeting their legal obligation. It also means they can incorporate their own pre-existing forms and paperwork into the training.

If you are unsure, simply ask. We can talk about your specific set and requirements and recommend suitable training that meet your needs.

See individual pages for details and prices 

Prices include all training, equipment, certification, and cards as appropriate. The only thing to be added on is travel at 65ppm and accommodation as required.    

Confined Spaces Training

Accredited, In-House or Bespoke Training?

The water Industry are adamant that you must have City & Guilds accredited training, where as the Construction industry varies from place to place. Some organisations do not require accredited training they simply need to prove competency.

There are many different classification systems for confined spaces in place, you require training that suits your classifications and requirements. As an employer your legal obligation is to provide suitable and sufficient training for your employees. That said there are many considerations, do you enter a multitude of confined spaces on a regular basis, such as open severs, water tanks manhole and tunnels, or do you only ever have to go into one specific space as part of your job like a biomass storage tank?

Look at the pictures and see if any of these are familiar to you, or look like the type of area you may have to entre.

City & Guilds Accredited Water industry